Sunday 26 July 2009

Day 1 - Towson

After going out on Friday and leaving employment by drinking too much that I couldn't talk properly, I woke up a few hours later, packed all my shit in a bag (most of it still damp, smart move), and headed to Heathrow, only an hour late, not too bad. Thanks to BB's general people skills (the kind I lack), we managed to get bumped up to premium class on our flight, result. We travel in total luxury on the flight, I watch the Anvil documentary and the Notorious BIG movie, you can guess which was more impressive. We got to IAD and were picked up by Darick from Wallride and Deep Sleep. Definitely contender #1 for best dude in hardcore that we've met on the trip so far. Despite only ever talking on the internet, he's printed all our merch, released our lp on cd in the States, and has driven two hours out of his way to pick us up. Just before stopping by the house to pick up our shirts, we make our first Burrito stop after making a pact on the plane to eat Mexican every single day. The verdict will be posted separately soon enough.
Eventually, we head to the first show and meet the others. The show is being held at Celebrated Summer records, which is the record store run by Tony from Deep Sleep. The store is inside a massive comic book store, as we walk in there's around 50/60 people sitting on massive school hall type tables playing Magic The Gathering, and getting REALLY into it. We head off to a bar to kill time. We get back to find out we missed the first band play, which kinda sucked, but Women set up next, they were okay, but not really my thing. Super nice guys though. Deep Sleep play next and killed it. I'm not too sure about them on record, but will definitely return to those 7"s when I get home. In-between DS playing and Logic Problem setting up, I buy the Minor Threat - Filler 7" for $40, I couldn't believe it. Definitely stoked on that one. LP play next, and it's messy, but they're always good live either way. We're sloppy as shit, and only play for around 10-15 minutes due to Tim's wrist, people are into it though. I just hope we're better tonight. We head back to the house we're staying at and talk shit for a while. I realise I've been up for 27 hours, and crash out.

No comments:

Post a Comment